Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Quiz #3!

Well this is a good opportunity to share a story from my childhood with everyone! What a fun quiz!

Ok, so before I got into my teen years my parents would throw these great kid themed birthday parties for me and my 3 older brothers. Sure, we had all the typical things, cake, food, gift giving, lots of friends being over...but everyone's favorite part of our parties were, of course, catch the Diricawl! The plump, flightless bird escapes danger by vanishing in a burst of feathers.

See, the point of the game was to sneak up and catch on one of the Diricawls that my parents would release without it noticing you or scaring it. Of course, we all knew if you didn't manage to do it successfully...POOF!! There'd be so many feather all over you it'd be impossible to hide!

My parents and the other adults would just watch us from above on the deck. We have great video footage of kids running around and explosions of feathers happening in every direction!

Well, after a few minutes of us TRYING to be somewhat stealthy us kids would just get antsy and run at the Diricawls to scare them on purpose just to see how could get covered in the MOST feathers! Oh wow...good times. It always upset my oldest twin brothers would actually wanted to try to catch them without being 'feathered'. BOYS!

Anyway, that's my story! Hope everyone enjoyed it who might be reading all this!!

- Daisy

2 comments:

Quinn said...

What a fun story Daisy! Your poor brothers though, I'd probably be with them, trying to catch the birds.

Catriona Lestrange said...

Those are the cutest animals!! What a fabulous memory :)