Sunday, May 25, 2008

A post about 'firsts'

So after seeing about Emma's little contest it really got me thinking about my knitting firsts.

Even though I started knitting last summer I only started to really get into it during the winter break. Then Spring break led to a lot of firsts while doing little Easter projects, but really HSKS has pushed me more than anything.

While making the bag for my spoilee I've learned TONS of new things! Here's my list of firsts:
- 1st time making an icord (I linked the pictures so my spoilee doesn't happen upon them if she doesn't want to see!)
iCord!
- 1st time using circular needles
You can see the needles a little at the top
- 1st time picking up stitches
- 1st time felting
Now Felted!!!
- 1st time lining a knit bag.
- 1st time using Noro yarn! すごいですね! (that means 'awesome!' in Japanese)
Pre-Felted Bag

Yup so this project's really helped me grow as a knitter. I'm anxious to finish the icord so I can felt everything!!

-Daisy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome list of "firsts"!

What did you think of the felting experience? Felting is something I've been thinking about lately but haven't actually attempted yet :)